BloggerSmart.net – Free Download Apatar Software ETL Data Integration, This tutorial i want to share open source software for Best Practices Data Integration. ETL is sort of (Extract, Transform, and Load) three database functions that are combined into one tool to pull data out of one database and place it into another database.
- Extract is the process of reading data from a database.
- Transform is the process of converting the extracted data from its previous form into the form it needs to be in so that it can be placed into another database. Transformation occurs by using rules or lookup tables or by combining the data with other data.
- Load is the process of writing the data into the target database.
ETL is used to migrate data from one database to another, to form data marts and data warehouses and also to convert databases from one format or type to another. (webopedia.com/TERM/E/ETL.html)
Apatar is recomended to use this ETL method.
How to Install Apatar in Linux ?
- You can download Apatar for latest version on this site: http://www.apatar.com/downloads.html
- Choice type download for Linux.
- Unpack the “apatar_<version_number>.tar.gz” archive into any directory (e.g., <apatar_folder>).
- Change system parameters for all files with “.sh” extension in <apatar_folder> directory (for example, run this command from consol: #chmod 777 application.sh).
- To start using Apatar, run any file which has the “.sh” extension. If you would like to run Apatar as a regular application (default), you need to startup the “application.sh” file. If you would like to run Apatar as a scheduling application (scheduling), you need to startup the “scheduling.sh” file (for example, #./application.sh). (Source)
Hopefully can help..
Source: - http://www.apatar.com/downloads.html - webopedia.com/TERM/E/ETL.html - http://www.apatarforge.org/wiki/display/ADM/Instructions+to+Install+Apatar+for+Linux